cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-20 forwarding out all ports

seanmichelsen
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like it started last Friday, and I haven't made any changes to the switch.  All ports appear to be mirroring or forwarding packets.

Any ideas?

Grap from Cacti for the last 12hrs:

Capture.JPG

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Sean

too many questions unanswered in your problem description..Your question is almost like me asking, why did my vehicle, a 1996 toyota corolla start running slow on friday..

A technician  might need to need to know;

• firmware version on the switch
  • running configuration  or a show debug
  • maybe simultaneous wireshark captures to validate your description
    • To check the traffic type
    • to see if the traffic is originating from a single traffic source NIC

Is the observed traffic an infusion of multicast or broadcast packets from a bad NIC card, dunno

Why not open a case with the good folk at Small Business Support Center (SBSC) and seek their  advice or a solution to the issues. Normally they look at break/fix issue not network performance, but those tremendous folks try their best to help my customers. So  give them a go.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

regards Dave

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sean,

Did you manage to figure this out? I experience the same thing.

Regards,

Eivind

Hi Elvind, judging on the date of this topic, I would venture to say he is running older firmware which had a bug every 50 days it would 'broadcast' all traffic on all ports due to the cam table dropping. This bug was fixed on 1.1.2.0 release.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X