Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-20 setting up VLANs

osanchez3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! Everyone.

I have 2 small business sg300 switches connected through a Catalyst 2960S, I created VLAN 2 and  VLAN 3 on both SG300 to connect my servers, but those are not working properly. I connect a pc to a port into each VLAN on both switches, then I test pinging the interfaces connected to that VLAN, but sometimes I get connections only from one switch, and nothing when I try from the second switch. Or I can reach almost all interfaces connected to the switch and one of them not.  When I disconnect and connect one interface connected to those switches and try testing again the results change to other behaviour.

I don´t need to route through VLANs I only want connection between each VLAN. So I don´t know if it´s necesary to assign an IP address to those VLANs

I did the next configuration using the web interface:

• I created VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 on each SG300 switch manually, and assigned ports to those VLANs
  • I configured one port of each SG300 switch as TRUNK to connect to the Catalyst 2960S. And the other ports as Access mode.
  • Into the Cat2960S, I configured those ports connected to each SG300 as TRUNK, and enabled the traffic of VLANs though those ports. 

The thing is, I don't know what is wrong in my configuration. I was thinking on setting up GVRP protocol but Cat2960S only support VTP. 

Someone knows the right steps to set up this configuration or what is the process to set up GVRP using those 3 switches?

I attached my diagram to know what I´m trying to achieve.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In both SG300 switch:

Configure the port Fe0/19 as Trunk and Allow Vlans in that port 1U,2T,3T(Can be configured over GUI)

In Cat2960 switch:

Configure the port Fe0/11,0/12 as trunk and allow all vlans.(Vlan 1 should be native).

regards

Moorthy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In both SG300 switch:

Configure the port Fe0/19 as Trunk and Allow Vlans in that port 1U,2T,3T(Can be configured over GUI)

In Cat2960 switch:

Configure the port Fe0/11,0/12 as trunk and allow all vlans.(Vlan 1 should be native).

regards

Moorthy

Thank you very much Moorthy,

I did those steps before, I have allowed all vlans in the Cat2960, Up till now I haven'nt create VLAN 2,3 in the Cat2960, I create those VLANs today and my connections start working properly.

I think It could be the step that was missing. I hope it keep working : )

Regards 

Omar