Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-28P on a AS2511-RJ

Ali3nSt0rm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have this problem with my SG300-28P switch at this moment.

I am trying to connect its serial interface (back) o my Cisco AS2511-RJ access server, together with my other switches/routers.

This works for all pieces of equipment, except for the SG300-28P.

The other switches and cisco routers work via telnet, i can just telnet into my ip address with the port number 2001 for example to get on the switch in the 1st async slot.

For the Cisco SG300-28P, I have a problem though. After connecting (using Putty, Tera Term) nothing happens. It just stays a black window, without any kind of text coming through. Pushing the enter button doesn't make any difference, while that does the trick on the other switches/routers.

What i was thinking is that the problem might be the BAUD rate, as the SG300-28P doesn't work using 9600 (while connected directly), but instead uses 115200.

I tried putting this in the configuration on port 16, but it still doesn't change a thing.

Now I know this switch can be managed via the website, but i would like to be able to log into it via the access server to have CLI access.

Currently I use the serial to RJ-45 interface adapter that came in the same box as the access server, and from there I connect the green rollover cable to it, straight into the async port.

Has any of you had this problem before, and if so, how did you fix it?

Cheers

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Jordy,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

I would think this has more to do with the "Management Access Authentication and Access" configuration, please check on chapter 17, starting on page 314 of the admin guide for details;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf

Please check this out and let me know if the problem persists and/or if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.