cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-28P QOS Setup

ksuchewie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All.  I tried to setup my SG300-28P similarly to my 2960S but using the following commands:

conf t

int range gi1-28

auto qos voip cisco-phone

But there is no similar command that I can find on the SG300.  Is anyone familiar with a similar command?  Or is QOS a completely manual process on the SG300 ?

I am on firmware version 1.3.7.18

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohabdel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ksuchewie,

There is no auto qos in Cisco small business switches.  This feature in catalyst and enterpirce routers only.  Cisco small business switch voice vlan by default use DSCP 46 and CoS 5

This mean DSCP in EF 46 mode

my adivce change DSCP to 26  so this will match AF31 low drops.  Also I will leave CoS in 5 as well.

I will give you example how to config qos voice vlan in small business siwtch

my example is DATA vlan 1  and voice vlan is 100

quick command

config t

voice vlan id 100

voice vlan cos 5

voice vlan dscp 26

wr mem

Thanks,

Moh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mohabdel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ksuchewie,

There is no auto qos in Cisco small business switches.  This feature in catalyst and enterpirce routers only.  Cisco small business switch voice vlan by default use DSCP 46 and CoS 5

This mean DSCP in EF 46 mode

my adivce change DSCP to 26  so this will match AF31 low drops.  Also I will leave CoS in 5 as well.

I will give you example how to config qos voice vlan in small business siwtch

my example is DATA vlan 1  and voice vlan is 100

quick command

config t

voice vlan id 100

voice vlan cos 5

voice vlan dscp 26

wr mem

Thanks,

Moh

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ksuch. The Small Business switch auto voice VLAN manages the QoS for you. So there is 2 ways this works with minimal or no configuration.

#1 the switch employs basic QoS for TAG VLAN packet. This takes the VPT value from within the packet and classifies the traffic.

#2 Auto Voice VLAN will use 46/5 by default. To configure voice VLAN you would make an additional VLAN on the switch then designate it as the voice VLAN  voice vlan id xxx in global configuration mode. The Auto Voice VLAN works off of CDP/LDP advertisement.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X