I believe I figured out why this one happened. The macro setting for smartports had the default vlan still set to 1, so I guess when the the phone+computer was detected the port was reconfigured to put data on VLAN1.
Per a suggestion in another post, I turned smartports off and suddenly lost access to the management VLAN (VLAN4) on the switch. Nothing on that VLAN is responding, however the devices on the data and voice VLAN are still communicating. The link between the router and switch for the management VLAN is a trunk port setup with tagging.
Hi Denny, you're correct the voice macro needs to be modified to reflect vlan 2 for data. Also, don't manually configure any ports that you connect a phone to, otherwise it conflicts with the software.
-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts
Please mark answered for helpful posts
I finally got it all figured out. The Smartports are working as expected. What wasn't expected was the end user hooking the stuff up. Once someone more knowledgable got there and plugged stuff in correctly, it all worked.
Sx550X, Sx350X, Sx250: PSE will Supply Power to Catalyst PSE Ports
May 31, 2016
June 5, 2017
Configure Remote Network Monitoring (RMON) Events Control Settings on a Switch through the Command Line Interface (CLI)
Remote Network Monitoring (RMON) was developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) to support...