Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-52 Remote Management Layer 3 Connectivity

fearlesspk89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a brand new SG300-52. I was able to successfully access my switch remotely when on Layer 2 but once I switched to Layer 3 and reset the switch to factory settings I can no longer configure it to be accessed from the outside. When the switch was on Layer 2 there was this option in the navigation, Management Interface > IPv4 Interface. From there was successfully able to configure it. This option is no longer available when in Layer 3. I have tried configuring it elsewhere in the switch but no luck. Any steps would be great. I am using the web interface for configuration.  

2 Replies 2

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Most probably you are missing default gateway which can be added as static default route.

Through the web interface it will look like on the attached document.

Aleksandra

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi fearless, if you're looking for the configuration IP to manage the IP address of the switch, there is quick link navigation "Getting started" which says "Change device IP address" under the initial set up.

The default gateway should not be relevant as every port/SVI remains layer 2 at the default state and only matters for management purpose if trying to access the switch outside of the switch's subnet.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/