cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 LAG

mikecom68
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I have SG300 with 3 ports in a LAG with LACP enable going to a second SG300.  Now I have been told that I should not use LACP connecting switches. Can anyone shed some light on this ??  

If this is not recommended then how do I remove the LACP option from the LAG group as it is grayed out and I can't seem to disable it. 

Thanks

Mike 

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, it doesn't really matter, it's just preference.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks Tom, Just curious but is there a trick in removing the LACP option from the LAG ?? 

Hello Mike,

To say LACP doesn't matter isn't exactly correct, if you are using LACP on one side of the LAG you should use it on the other as well.

If you'd like a bit more detail on the exact differences between LACP and not using LACP take a look at this page:

EtherChannel vs LACP vs PAgP

When you don't use LACP on our switches it is like using Etherchannel set to static on.  PAgP is another Cisco proprietary protocol and does not apply here.

As for removing it, there isn't a way to disable it once you set it, you need to delete the LAG and recreate it without checking that option.

Hope that helps and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*