cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 won't insert option82 during DHCP relay

Jonathan Fisher
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, anyone having trouble getting an SG300 series switch to insert option82 information? I have DHCP relay working successfully between two VLANs, however, I would like to identify where the client is connected in order to set their routing preferences optimally.

switch-20-0#show ip dhcp relay

DHCP relay is Enabled

Option 82 is Enabled

Maximum number of supported VLANs without IP Address is 256

Number of DHCP Relays enabled on VLANs without IP Address is 1

DHCP relay is not configured on any port.

DHCP relay is enabled on Vlans: 20

Active: 20

Inactive:

Servers: 192.168.0.2

I have to missing something simple. Any help, or even "hey did you try" type answers very much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jonathan,

To my knowledge you have everything configured correctly. I would try to setting up packet captures on the switch on the interface heading to the DHCP server to see if the information is included on the DHCP Discover message. 

-Trent Good

** Please rate useful posts! **

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in 'small business switches'. You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jonathan,

To my knowledge you have everything configured correctly. I would try to setting up packet captures on the switch on the interface heading to the DHCP server to see if the information is included on the DHCP Discover message. 

-Trent Good

** Please rate useful posts! **

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

http://www.cloudshark.org/captures/f1dbc2e0e9a6

I had already done this at some point, but I tried again this morning after a cup of coffee. At some point this started working!

Now I just need Dnsmasq to recognize this info!