Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

sg350xg only 8 LAG groups?

I just purchased two sg350xg-2f10 switches. They are working fine for the most part, but the configuration only appears to show 8 LAG groups. The data sheet shows "

●  Up to 32 groups

Up to 8 ports per group with 16 candidate ports for each (dynamic) 802.3ad LAG
"
I had planned on creating 9 lag groups; ports 1-8 on each switch connected to 8 servers and ports 10 on each switch connected to a stack of 1G switches. All connected devices are capable of LACP.
Am I misunderstanding the configuration, or is this an error in the datasheet?
Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES

I have a stack of two SG350XG

I have a stack of two SG350XG-48T switches and expierencing the same issue with my 96 total ports, maximum of 8 LAG group opposed to the data sheet with up to 32 groups.

On my switch i planned 18 LAG groups for server networkcard redundancy and speed aggregation.

Mike

Mike,

Mike,

I've tried to work with Cisco support for the past two months now, trying to get a decent solution, but to no avail. 

They claim that this is a documentation error and that the device will never support more than 8 LAGs. Their solution is to arrange for a refund, but nothing else, stating that an exchange for a device that does support 32 LAGs is only possible if the price difference is less than $100. This last answer (the $100 price bracket) came only after nagging support for almost 2 months.

Needless to say I'm pretty disgruntled. However, I decided to live with this limitation and leave it at that. At roughly $1400 per switch, there's nothing else that does 10Gbase-T and supports MLAGs either in a stack or in a chassis. There are quite a few small 10Gbase-T switches, but none with those specific features.

Your switches are a different beast altogether though.

Should you decide to get a refund for these switches; there are quite a few alternatives at your pricepoint (roughly $12000 for two switches).

If it has to be Cisco, support has verified that the SG550XG does in fact support 32 LAGs.

But, you might want to consider something like an HP 5406R (one chassis, filled with redundant management, power and interface blades), HP 5700, Juniper EX4600 (if DAC cables are okay for you instead of 10Gbase-T), Dell N4032, all of which are way more capable than an SG350XG functionality wise, but have similar price points.

For reference; my support case number is 680229094. In case you get a better answer, please drop me a note!

Björn

Thanks for you reply. I'll

Thanks for you reply. I'll dive into this with support. Documentation can and should be corrected on this point, that should not be that hard.

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content