Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SG500-52 fiber links and stacking

Currently I have 2 Cisco/Linksys SRW2024 with 2 fiber links assigned to 1 lag providing my trunk between two locations.  I have 12 vlans configured.   So my change that I want to accomplish is....   I want to disontinue the use of the Linksys SRW2024 switches and  I have bought 3 Cisco SG500-52 which I want to have switch A in my server room using the 2 existing fiber links to connect to switch B that is in a switch closet in another area (existing fiber run is about 100 ft).  Switch B and switch C located in switch room, I want connected to each other with the stack function giving me a 5gb connection between the two switches.  I want to keep all of these switches in Layer 2 mode.   I have bought the SFP-H10GB-CU3 cable that works between two of these switches and my intention is to use it between switch B and C.  FYI - If I connect two of these switches together using the SFT-H10GB-CU3 cable everything works fine for stacking (just explaining I have tested the cable).

Once I have this accomplished, I will be adding another switch in Layer 3 mode to provide routing between my various VLANs.  The current Netgear SRX5308 randomly becomes confused with DHCP and routing between the various VLANS.  A reboot resolves this problem.  In the end I will have the switches above and 3 SG500-28P switches.  Switches D,E and F.  Switches B, C, D and F I want stacked with SFP-H10GB-CU3 cables between them so my trunk between the server room and switch room is 3gb or better and the connections between switches B, C, D and F is 5gb.

1 REPLY
Bronze

SG500-52 fiber links and stacking

Dear Pearman,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

It's been several days since you posted your request for support and none of the community members have commented about it yet, i therefore suggest you to contact support directly;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbcountrysupport

Just in case you are looking for "Stack Management" settings for SG500 series switches, I suggest you to look at chapter 5 on the admin guide;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/Sx500/administration_guide/500_Series_Admin_Guide.pdf

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Views
Helpful
Replies