Replies

SG500-52P Telefon OUI with Radius dyn. Vlan

swohlfahrt1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

maybe someone can help me with my problem

The Network:

I have a SG500-52P as a Layer 3 Switch in my network and it holds 5 different vlan:

116 Data 172.16.0.0

117 Wifi  172.17.0.0

119 Voip 172.19.0.0

118 Guest 172.18.0.0

1 Management (not defined yet)

I want to use some ip phones from a vendor called snom, so i set up a entry in the telefon oui which automatically tags the devices

to the right vlan (119). I also set up a freeradius server for doing a mac auth for the dynamic vlan assignment for computers etc.

For this i have to enable the port authentication on the ports. So if i use a phone and connect then a computer into the switch port which is built in into that phone the port gets the right vlans (116 119) and the devices getting different ips from different dhcp servers.

But if i disconnect a phone+computer and connect it again the complete switch reboots and i really dont know why.

I tested different scenarios with the same end until i disabled the port authentication which is needed to do the dynamic vlans through the radius server.

Then the reboots stopped but this means i'm not able to do dynamic vlans.

It seems that the switch cannot handle telefonoui and radius auth at the same time.

Sorry for my bad englisch

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Sascha, this is an interesting scenario.

Could you provide a config file (removing sensitive information) along with the fatal error the switch produces before it reboots?

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X