Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SG500 LAG over multiple switches

Hello, does SG500 support LAG with ports on multiple switches? I would like to stack a pair of SG500 and connect each client to both using LACP in order to achieve switch redundancy.

3 REPLIES

Re: SG500 LAG over multiple switches

If I understand your question: you have two sg500 switches, made a LAG group with one port on both switches (that act as one switch in stack) and then put an other switch with two ports in LAG with one cable to both the sg500 switches? Then yes, it should work to create redundancy. I’m not sure if it also creates a performance increase, maybe someone else can answer that with tested numbers.

Silver

Hello Pavel,

If the SG500s are stacked, then you can create a LAG containing any of the links on any switch in the stack. 

I don't have any performance numbers on this but I will try and set this up in the lab later today and run a throughput test to see if using ports on different switches effect the speed at all.

Short answer though, is yes, that will work, as long as the switches are stacked.

Christopher Ebert

-----

Senior Network Support Engineer - Cisco Small Business Support Center

*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi Christopher,

Thank for your reply, could you help me out at the same time while testing the performance of a LACP over two switches of one stack?

Could you connect a SGE2000 switch with four CAT6 UTP cables to the SG500 stack (two cables to each switch of the stack) and test why the SGE2000 switche dont work correctly as simple access switches for end systems like desktops (the ports take very long to go into forwarding and it seems the LACP port on the SG500 stack turns off and on). When the ports start forwarding the connection is stable but i never had this with sg300-52 or srw2048 switches in the same setup. I added my configs and question here:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4155309#4155309

Thanks in advance,

Jelle

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content