Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500 - Public Key Auto-login Option Missing

Hello,

We use a number of SG500 stacks in our office infrastructure. We now have a need to script automatic polling of these switches to extract the ethernet port descriptions. From what I have been reading, the best way to allow for unattended ssh access is to use public key authentication with automatic login. However, there does not seem to be an auto-login option.

On the CLI, ip ssh pubkey-auth option works fine, but will not suggest or accept any further arguments (where auto-login is supposed to go).

On the web GUI, users may be added and associated with public keys, but again there is no automatic login option.

Public key auth is enabled, which I have confirmed on both interfaces. The account that needs to be authorized exists and is usable via username/password auth in the local database. The auth method for all management interfaces is set to local.

What could the issue be?

5 Replies 5

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Christopher, I have not tried this, but it seems it should work for you:

http://blog.campodoro.org/?p=2243

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Brandon,

The entire issue I am having is that the auto-login parameter is not being recognized by the switch. It simply won't accept it as an argument.

I did just test this and it worked for me on a SG300 with 1.3.5.58.

So are you saying if you type ip ssh pubkey-auth ? you don't see auto-login?

switch706852(config)#ip ssh pubkey-auth

auto-login           Specifies that the device management AAA                        authentication (CLI login) is not needed.

As I stated in the original post, that is exactly what I am saying. In my case, it is an SG500 1.2.7.76.

I guess I would try upgrading then since it definitely works for me. 

That or call SBCS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X