Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SG500 stacked switch - deleted vlan config

Hi all.

I'm currently troubleshooting a problem occurred 3 days ago by a customer.

He has 4 switches (sg500) 2 and 2 stacked. They're connected with glas using 2 interfaces (PO) in LACP. Everything went fine until friday evening when the second pair of switches were reachable only on VLAN 1.

Long story short: those switches are exactly the same (model, firmware, config) they have 3 vlans (1, 200, 201) and ON THAT switch vlans were running correctly bud sadly on the uplink PO both 200 and 201 vlans were configured as "untagged" and of course they coudn't work. Logins are logged and I can find anything on the NVRAM nor Flash log. There's no reboot, no config change, no logins. Just suddenly the switch decided to remove the tag only on the uplink port.

Can somebody explain me that behaviour?

Firmware: 1.3.0.62

1 REPLY
Green

SG500 stacked switch - deleted vlan config

Hi Paolo, this may be due to the smart port macro.

Try to disable the smart port feature then manually configure the port again. This may require reboot after config change.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Views
Helpful
Replies