Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SG500X VLAN Assistance

Hello,

I was hoping to get some assistance in setting up VLANs in my environment.  Here is the current setup:

Dell VRTX with 3 blades running 2012 Hyper-V

Two Cisco SG550X-48P switches in native stacked mode in the 10G port

Sonicwall NSA 2400 with subinterfaces for VLAN 2 and 5.

Two Cisco WAP551 access points in single point setup mode with two SSID's, one for guest and one for office.

Here is what I would like to do.

Data VLAN 1 - 192.168.10.x - All computers, servers, printers, etc for the office.

Voice VLAN 2 - 192.168.100.x - This will be a hosted VOIP system.

Guest Wireless VLAN 5 - 192.168.150.x - Wireless access to internet for mobile devices and guest access.

DHCP for all VLANs on a server on VLAN 1.

I have everything configured already.  I have not been able to test the phones yet because we're not in the testing phase yet.  I can connect to the guest VLAN AP and I get the correct IP.  I can ping internal and external addresses fine, and DNS resolves correctly.  Web pages do not load though.  I spoke to Sonicwall and they reviewed my config and confirmed the Sonicwall is setup correctly.

I basically followed this guide: http://www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledgebase/cisco-switches/885-cisco-switches-sg500-52p.html

I should be able to control access from one VLAN to another using the Sonicwall, so my primary goal is to be able to access the internet correctly on VLAN 2 and 5.

I am new to all of this.  Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES
Green

Hi rtat, I guess I'm confused

Hi rtat, I guess I'm confused. If you can ping internally and externally it means everything routes. A switch wouldn't stop you from loading webpages, everything would be broken entirely.

From the firewall can you connect a computer VLAN 2 or 5 and everything behaves as you describe?

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Yeah, that's why I'm a bit

Yeah, that's why I'm a bit confused as well.  This is my first time really doing this, but if I can ping everything that means traffic is going where it needs to go.

So I haven't connected anything to VLAN 2 yet, but on VLAN 5 I can ping internal and external, DNS resolves, I get the correct IP, web pages just do not load.  And actually the pings are a little hit and miss.  It mostly works, but an occasional "no reply".  I meant to reboot the Sonicwall over the weekend to see if that made any difference, but I didn't have time.  I'll try that tonight.  I just wanted to get some advice or feedback from people who have done this before.

You telling me everything would be broken is actually a big help because it sounds like I can eliminate the switches as being the issue.  Thank you.

Rebooting the Sonicwall fixed

Rebooting the Sonicwall fixed everything.  Voice VLAN works fine as well.  I guess the lesson is when in doubt, just reboot.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content