Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE Series Branding

DJX995
Level 3
Level 3

Just out of curiosity:

Are the SGE series switches still be manufactured with Linksys brandings or have they been re-branded with Cisco logos?

If they are still Linksys branded, any chance that they will be re-branded in the furture?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Everything branded Linksys will be branded Linksys by Cisco. That will be the new label from here on out for the LINKSYS small business equipment.

The Small Business PRO equipment will not include a Linksys logo since it is not really part of the linksys product line. The Small Business PRO line is meant to bridge the gap between Linksys Small Business and Cisco Enterprise.

Bill

I ask becuase I think the RVS4000 was originally branded with Linksys logos and now all the pictures I see show Cisco logos.

Also, The WAP4410N is all branded with Cisco logos as well.

That's why I was wondering if the SGE series will be re-branded because other products from the era have been rebranded with all Cisco logos.

What you are referring to is the look and feel of the firmware. I was commenting on the physical characteristics of the devices. It is my assumption that all firmware will be updated to reflect the new look and feel that you have described; I don't know when. You are correct that all formerly Linksys products will be branded Cisco or Linksys by Cisco.

Bill

Actually, I was talking physical.

I know the firmware is all changed.

I have a couple RVS's and they have Linksys logos on them but if you look at the Cisco product page for the RVS, they have Cisco logos now.

I was wondering if the same thing is going to happen with the SGE series switches.

This is all uncommitted and subject to change.

The Small Business Switching family will undergo a phased migration to new Cisco Branded names and SKUs.

As answered in this thread, this is in addition to the GUI look and feel update you will notice with the new FW.

There will be no price, support or warranty changes

Old and new SKUs will coexist and overlap for a period of time as well.

Phase 1 is planned now and will rebrand SD and SR models to a new SF 100 series SKU.  You may see this as early as March (uncommitted).

The SR224R may not be reSKUed, but everything else should.

SLM will go after that and will use SF 200 Series SKUs (no date)

SRW and SFE SGE will happen subsequently and will become SF 300 Series (no date)

Understanding that partners are interested in investment protection is why I posted this.   You are safe with these products going forward, regardless of the branding.

Steve DiStefano

SE US Field Channel Sales

Thank you,

I was not aware that they would be reSKUing as well.

I thought at most they would just print the Cisco logo rather than Linksys like with the RVS.

Thanks for the info.

The new SKUs should make product mangement easier with a more unified naming structure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X