(1) Is there any limit on the number of "IP interfaces" one can setup for the SGE2000?...
(2) I've read that if one has some stackable gigabit switches, the link between them should be at least 10Gpps... but the model has only 1Gbit interconnection between nodes? May this bring any performance issues with the stack?
(3) Does it have a 'dedicated stacking bandwidth"?
(4) (The question has being answered, just wanted to put it in the checklist for somebody to confirm it one more time) Layer 3 redundancy: is it offered with the SGE2000 stacking technology?
(5) Are issues with working with the web interface from firefox web browser completely resolved in the latest firmware? (so that we will not be forced to use IE software to configure the sw)?
Now for a little bit of history to explain that warning.
The Linksys One Services Router was a absolutely wonderful 'office in a box' appliance with a default network configuration in place to make installation absolutely easy..
The Services Router in the LinksysOne application, required that certain VLANs were present, such as VLAN 100. Hence early SGE2000 software would not allow you to remove VLAN 100, as it was needed for the voice setup
If the SGE2000 or SFE2000 was put in layer 3 mode, it may then have to route the VOIP packets from VLAN 100 to the Services router VLAN 100.
To complicate this routing process, a discovery protocols, bonjour was used to discover the network devices such as phones. This protocol could not have jumped over that routed boundary.
Hence the warning, leave the SGE on Layer 2 mode if the switch was used in conjunction with the LinksysOne services router.
Hi every one!!!When you are configuring a remote VPN connection, there
are some steps that are lost on the path. Here you can see those steps.
A) In your Cisco device: 1. Ensure you don´t have any rule denying the
traffic between the device and the remote...
You have a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) system and want
to configure a SPA112 analog telephone adaptor (ATA) to register to the
CUCM so that you can use up to two analog phones or similar FXS devices
with the CUCM.In this application note, ...
Introduction: This document describes how to connect SG300 with Catalyst
switch via STP. Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) is a Layer 2 protocol that
runs on mainly on switches. The specification for STP is IEEE 802.1D.
The main purpose of STP is to ensure tha...