cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2000P Reboot Problem

melody.baker
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Linksys SGE2000P switch that was installed 3 yrs. ago in one of my IDF's.  About a year ago, the power LED started flashing red which indicates the switch is getting power from a remote power supply.  Although this was not the case, everything connected to the switch worked so I left it alone.  Last week I was recabling some of the switches in this IDF and everytime I unplugged a cable from the SGE2000P it would reboot.  Is this a bad swtich or something else?                  

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

hi Melody,

Yep obviously something is going wrong, without a console connection and seeing console error messages that are coming up, pretty hard to tell if the unit is recoverable at this stage.

The datasheet  today for this product,  indicates it most likely is under warranty. So  it may be worth your while to;

1. have the serial number handy  and contact Small Business Support Center. 
  2. You will also need a Cisco connection Online (CCO) registration, which is freely obtainable, if you don't have one.

http://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

regards Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X