Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2010 Missing Ports

mark-edwards
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a number of SGE2010 switches and I would like to configure ports 48 and 24, but I cannot find any reference to them at all in the web interface. The port listings run from g1/1-23 and g1/25-47. I understand that the four SFP ports are shared with ports 23, 24, 47 and 48 and have worked out that 1/23 maps to ge1 and 1/47 to ge2 which is fine. However, I cannot find any way of changing the configuration of 1/24 and 1/48 and I cannot find any reference to them in the documentation. They are running the latest version of firmware and all 18 switches show the same behaviour.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

zeromagallon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark,

I recently acquired a similar model, sge2010, and have had the same problem. I think the problem about the missing ports is due to the default settings of the switch. When i did my exploring on the said switch, i found out that the default setting of sge2010 is "Stacking", and that  ports 24 and 48 are in stacking mode.

What you need to do is enter the GUI of the switch and go to System->System Management-> System Information. Scroll to the lower part and click on STANDALONE  for the field "Switch Operation Mode After Reset", then click apply. Reset afterwards and you'll see port 24 and 48.

Hope this is helpful...=)

Have a Good one!

Zero Magallon

View solution in original post

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Yeah mark,

If you change the settings on the start-up screen of the switch to standalone and not stacking you will have those ports back.

By default they are set aside for stacking.

(Don't forget to Copy Run Start so your not back at square one)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

zeromagallon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark,

I recently acquired a similar model, sge2010, and have had the same problem. I think the problem about the missing ports is due to the default settings of the switch. When i did my exploring on the said switch, i found out that the default setting of sge2010 is "Stacking", and that  ports 24 and 48 are in stacking mode.

What you need to do is enter the GUI of the switch and go to System->System Management-> System Information. Scroll to the lower part and click on STANDALONE  for the field "Switch Operation Mode After Reset", then click apply. Reset afterwards and you'll see port 24 and 48.

Hope this is helpful...=)

Have a Good one!

Zero Magallon

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Yeah mark,

If you change the settings on the start-up screen of the switch to standalone and not stacking you will have those ports back.

By default they are set aside for stacking.

(Don't forget to Copy Run Start so your not back at square one)

Hi David!

Thanks for this reminder, "(Don't forget to Copy Run Start so your not back at square one)". I was too eager to hit submit that i forgot about this in my first post.  .

Have a good one!

Zero

mark-edwards
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys that is great information and worked a treat.

Good work!

No problem guys.  Glad I could help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X