cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2010P Voice and data vlan

Hi,

I'm new for SMB switches and very defficult to configure voice vlan and data

here my setup

I have 5 x cisco SGE2010P 48 POE switches and working as standlone.

SW1 (Port 21-22) Trunk / LAG1-------> SW2 (Port 24-48) Trunk / LAG 1

SW1 (Port 23-24) Trunk / LAG 2-------> SW3 (Port 24-48) Trunk / LAG 1

SW1 (Port 45-46) Trunk / LAG 3 -------> SW4 (Port 24-48) Trunk / LAG 1

SW1 (Port 47-48) Trunk / LAG 4-------> SW5 (Port 24-48) Trunk / LAG 1

Vlan 1 Default and Vlan 2 voice

how can i member voice vlan and data vlan for access ports in all 5 witches because

thanks

Danushka

16 Replies 16

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Danushka,

Are you asking how to assign vlans to ports?

I've attached the manual below, take a look at p. 42 on how to create vlans and hen the following pages on how to assign them to the ports. Please let me know if this answers your question.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/srw2024p/administration/guide/SRW2024P_User_Guide.pdf

Best regards,

David

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate helpful posts.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. it is ok adding vlan in the port. i was asking about voice and data vlan.

if we need to add voice vlan and data vlan for access port in SMB switches, how we can implement those two vlan for access ports.

according to our setup. please advice how we can implement voice and data. if any things wrong in my setup kindly advise.

SGE2010P dose no have option to add voice vlan.

Thanks in advance.

Danushka

Danushka,

What firmware are you using? It is one of the Linksys branded models or the newer cisco branded models?

Best regards,

David

Thanks for reply David,

This is New Cisco brand SGE2010P.

Switch Details

Model Name48-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet Switch with PoE
System Name
System Location
System Contact
System Object ID1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.73.2010.3
System Up Time3 days , 21 hours , 3 minutes , 20 seconds
Base MAC Addressd4:d7:48:be:3c:1a
Hardware  Version00.00.01
Software  Version3.0.0.18
Boot  Version2.0.0.03
Switch Operation Mode After  Reset Standalone     Stack
Jumbo Frame Enable            Disable     

please advise.

Thanks Danushka

Hi Danushka,

Ok, sorry about sending you the wrong manual before.

I found the following video that may be helpful, I think its what you're looking to do:

https://ciscosales.webex.com/ciscosales/ldr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=59265352&rKey=9aa0dc12383802fb

Its from this thread:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2136733

Also, just to provide you the proper manual:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sfe2000/administration/guide/SFE-SGE2xxx_Admin_Guide.pdf

Let me know if that video helped.

Best,

David

Thanks David for your support.

think is in that video we have to enable all ports trunks instead of access.

that case we have to enableall ports for trunks in 5 switches.

why this diffrent from catalyst. do you think this is good idea enabling all port on trunk mode.

please advice.

because i stuck now and giving issue with my IP telephone system.

Thanks

Danushka

Hi Danushka,

Access mode will only allow for one untagged vlan on the port, so that won't work for your application where you're looking to have 2 vlans on the port - one for voice, one for data. So you must use trunk mode. In reading your post, I am assuming that you are needing both vlans on each port, correct? For example, the phone plugs directly into the switch, and the PC plugs into the switch port on the phone, and each are on separate vlans?

A quicker way to make the necessary changes, in my opinion, is via CLI. You can adapt the sample commands below to your needs. This will set port 3 as a trunk port, allowing traffic on Native vlan (1 - untagged) and vlan 2 (tagged):

interface gigabitethernet3

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 2

Best,

David

Hi Danushka,

Any luck with the config?

Best regards,

David

Sorry for delay reply.

I tried with trunk mode at the moment and want keep few days to monitor whether it is ok or not.

another things is in you video i saw that voice go as a tagged and data go as a untagged. but IP PHONE system go with untagged.

I was trying to do so but i could not able to communicate with IP phone system. when enable trunk in that port i could able to communicate with pohne system.

i do not know why.

I used Avaya IP office 500 and Avaya phones.

if any kindly advice.

also kindly let me know how can i use below command in these switches. i could not find out how to use this command in cli.

interface gigabitethernet3

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 2

Regards,

Danushka

Hi Danushka,

As I am not familiar at all with the operation of Avaya phones and systems, I can't be too much help beyond configuring the switch with the proper vlans. Sorry. Just to confirm, the phones are working properly? What isn't working as you expected?

I think the CLI you're looking for is:

switchxxxxxx# config t

switchxxxxxx(config)# interface gigabitethernet3

switchxxxxxx(config-if)# switchport mode trunk             !-  if not already in trunk mode

switchxxxxxx(config-if)# switchport trunk allowed vlan add 2

switchxxxxxx(config-if)#

What error are you getting with that command?

Danushka, if you could please rate any helpful posts using the stars, or if any solved your initial question, please mark it as correct answer, it would be appreciated.

Best,

David

we can not use above command as we do in cisco catalyst.

but still i am facing issue with my phone system.

yes SBS POE switches are not good as we expected.

Hi Danushka,

Thats odd.. Those commands work for me in my SBS switch, though it is a SG300 model.
I am still not sure what the problem is with your phones, and what you're trying to achieve. Please be as specific as possible for me, or anyone, to help you further. Please also consider contacting SBS support.

Best regards,

David

Hi David,

i have mentioned before that i am using cisco SMB SGE2010P switches.

when we telnet we got only this window. how we can configure in this what you mentioned before.

please advice.

I need to configure access prot in data and voice

voice vlan 2

data vlan 3

regards,

Danushka

The SGE2010P doesn't have CLI, so there's no way you will be able to enter those commands. However if you access the web interface and click on VLAN Managment, interface settings, you should be able to set a port as trunk mode. Then under port VLAN membership you can then assign the VLANs...one untagged VLAN (data, native VLAN) and a tagged VLAN (voice).  The menu labels might not be exactly correct but I think those are the ones to look under.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X