Views
Helpful
Replies

slm2005 not leaving multicast group

martingaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this SML2005 smart switch I try to use surf over some video multicast group. I have 2 video sources streaming on different multicast addresses, and 1 video receiver with a single channel. All are connected directly to the switch.

When I toggle between both sources on the receiver end, I clearly see the igmp group leave for the address of the previous channel and the igmp report for the new address on the latest channel. This is observed while setting a port of the switch in mirror and capturing the ethernet traffic. So far so good.

What I observe is the the switch continues to send the stream of the previous channel to the receiver, even though there was an explicit igmp group leave.

The switch is configured as follow:

global:

-enable igmp snooping: on

-Enable Unregistered IP Multicast Flooding: off

vlan 1:

-enable igmp snooping: on

-Enable IGMP Querying: on
I expected some latency leave, but I let this run for 20minutes with the unwanted stream continuously being sent to the receiver.
What this causes is when both stream are present, the port of the receiver may exceed the allowed bandwidth and some packets are dropped.
Any help would be appreciated.
--Martin
0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X