cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SLM2008T V01 (SG200-08) Web Access Questions

brian9987
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone confirm for me that the SLM2008T does not have the ability to add Port Description or Login Banner like the SG300's do?  I knew there would be some features that the 200 would lack, but I've never seen a smart switch that did not have the capability of labeling the ports via software/web admin.  Really makes it easier to keep your head screwed on straight when you are in and out of 14 or more switches during the course of a day.  Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

brian9987
Level 1
Level 1

I should add that I have (2) of these newly delivered units in front of me, and cannot see any place in the config to label the ports.  Looked at them with original firmware and after updating to latest 1.0.3.3 (or something like that).

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your purchase.

I have also attached the  Admin Guide for your convenience / reference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf20x_sg20x/administration_guide/OL-22849-01.pdf

For login banner for the GUI,  try the following;

However if you want to have a comment or description per port, (reference admin guide page 85 )  just modify the following section for a per port description;

You will need a popup blocker disabled as a window will popup.

regards Dave

I know these screens are what you have with the 300 series switches I have, but there is no Login Banner section or Port Description field on these 8 port units (at least that I can find). Not sure if they just left it out since these are an even more entry level device. Wondering if it is just not available in the version 1 of the switch. The Login Banner is not a big deal since there is only the HTTP access, just more of an annoyance. The Port Description however is very handy when we are trying to troubleshoot connection or general network issues. Looks like I'm going to need to call Cisco Small Business on a different issue anyway, so maybe I'll bounce this off of them.

Hi Brian,

My mistake was to check out the manual i posted,  which is not the manual for the 8 port switch but the larger 200 series product..sorry.

The 8 port switch does seem to lack those two features to requested.

Following URL is the manual for the 8 port switch

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sg200/administration_guide/78-19562.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X