Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SLM2024 ACL configuration

I have a question on how to setup an ACL configuration on the SLM2024.  I originally got this switch to just be able to monitor network ups/downs on the ports.  and this has worked great in diagnosing the problems I was having originally.  Now however I have to setup something on here that I have never had to do, and am unsure how to do it.

I have a computer that sends out a UDP broadcast that is causing our Xerox Phaser network printer to shutdown if it sees the broadcast.  The Phaser is designed in a way that if it sees something on the network it thinks is harmful it will shut itself off to protect itself.  and on startup if it sees something harmful it will not startup, it will go into an infinite restart loop.

After fully testing everything I can think of I got it down to a piece of software on the computer that sends the UDP broadcast.  If this software is not running the printer works fine.  Unfortunately the software needs to run 24/7, and we need to print.

Both the computer and printer have static ip addresses.  and basically all I want to do is setup an ACL (at least thats what others have told me) to block communication between those two ip addresses so that the printer won't see the UDP broadcast anymore.

So my question is, would an ACL block that traffic?  and if so how do I set it up?  I looked in the manuals that came with the switch, and i'm not really seeing any information on how to do it.  If anyone can give me some insight into what I need to do I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content