Views
Helpful
Replies

SLM2048 Switch question

xantodesign
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I currently own a Linksys SRW2048 witch supports TCP/  User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port ACL.

I would buy the  same switch but my supplier doesn't have it. They propposed me an  alternative to Linksys SLM2048.

My question would be: does this switch  support TCP/ User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port ACL ?

If it  doesn't, could you suggest me an alternative(apropiate price) of 48ports managed Gigabit  L2 switch witch supports that feature?

because I would really  need that.

Thank you in advance,

Mike.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You're welcome, and thanks for your confidence in our products. If your question is resolved, would you mind marking it as being answered ?

Thank you

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

iclark
Level 1
Level 1

I would avoid the SLM2048.  We purchased one a few months ago and have had to reboot it 4 times already.

Whenever you get a good amount of traffic going through the switch, connections start dropping, then some ports start going dead until the switch is rebooted.  There are other people having problems with this switch as well.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/43844#43844

- Ian

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike,

It does not really suprise me that your supplier no longer has the SRW2048, as this switch will be end-of-life soon. But, don't worry, things can only get better, there is a very good and brandnew alternative, the SG 300-52. Actually it has all the features of the SRW2048, and more, better, newer

For more information for the SG 300 series switches, take a look here :

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/routers_switches/300_series_switches/index.html

If you would need any more information, don't hesitate to contact me or your nearest Small Business Support Center.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA

xantodesign
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This tread si almost an year old

I manage to obtain SRW2048 after all. I have 2 pieces of that model and They're running smoothly since then.

So, problem solved.

Thank you for the response anyway.

Mike.

Hello,

You're welcome, and thanks for your confidence in our products. If your question is resolved, would you mind marking it as being answered ?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X