Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

SLM2048 switch

We added a SLM2048 gigabit swtich to our office recently.  It works, devices connected to it are able to access the LAN and internet.  However, I can't access the web interface for some reason.  When I enter the default IP address (192.168.1.254) in internet explorer 7, all I get is a cannot connect error.  I've checked our DHCP router attached device list to see if it was assigned a different IP address, but the switch is not listed.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: SLM2048 switch

Have you tried accessing the console interface to check or change the IP address?  Instructions to assist you with this can be located here.

Best Regards,

Community Member

I have not tried that.  What type of console cable would I need.  From the instructions you directed me to it sounds like a DB9 to an RJ45 cable would be needed, is that correct (I don't have one, but I assume I can get a DB9 adapter to use with a cat5e cable)?  Also, which port on the switch is the console port, number 1, or can I connect to any of the ports?

Thanks!

Kevin

Silver

Actually the slm2048 don't have a console port on the device.  I would make sure your ip address is on the same lan subnet as the switch (192.168.1.x).  If you cannot access the gui, I would press the reset button for 30 seconds while it is powered on and then repeat the process. 

Cisco Employee

David is correct, the SLM switches do not have console ports.  The documentation I was referring to is written for the SRW line instead.  My bad, I should have double-checked my reference material a little closer.  Please follow David's suggestions below and if the problem persists please contact the Small   Business Support Center for further troubleshooting assistance.

Best Regards,

Community Member

any other advice?  I held the reset button til all the lights went on then off and only the power light was flashing and it still did not reset either.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content