Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Slowdown/latency on SG 200-26P when under heavy I/O

We used the SG 200-26P (firmware 1.1.1.8 ) as our main LAN switch. We have a few other 100Mb switches but our servers and nodes in our cluster are all on this switch. If you log onto a machine on one of the other 100Mb switches and then Remote Desktop to a virtual machine that is running off the SG 200-26P, and then copy say a large file (500Mb) your you will get major delays in the response time. For instance mouse clicks, screen paints, etc. Remote Desktop to a VM is unusable during this time period. This also happens for instance during backups when files are being copied from a machine to a VM. 

As mentioned the other switches are 100Mb switches from HP, a bit old.  I didn't change much in the setup of the SG 200-26P our of the box.  Jumbo frames is disabled, RSTP is enabled, with Flooding for BPDU handling.

I haven't seen this before in a switch and this problems has been noticed recently. Not sure when it started happening.

1 REPLY

Slowdown/latency on SG 200-26P when under heavy I/O

Hi ss

The easiest thing for you  to do (after hours)  as a first step is to upgrade to 1.1.2.0.

Release notes indicate a few MAC address and connectivity issues that were resolved by the latest and greatest firmware.

see release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/release_notes/Sx200-Sx300_R1.1.2.x.pdf

Iet us know if that resolved the issue. 

regards Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content