Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Small Business sg550xg 8f8t master / backup / slave behavior

Hi all,

I am facing a strange behavior and i want to know if it's by design or if i misunderstood something.

The unit 1 is stack master.

if second Unit as ID 2 it become Backup.

if second Unit as ID 3 it become Slave.

As a slave i can create a link aggregation with port 1/1 and port 3/1 in an active active configuration (lacp). But if the master crash the slave become unresponsive.

As a backup i can't create a link aggregation with port 1/1 and port 2/1 in an active active configuration (lacp). the port 2/1 act as standby in the LAG. But if the master crash the backup take the master role and network operations continu working.

With a SG500XG 8f8t (installed at another customer) i can have a backup switch with link aggregation active/active lacp.

So whats the problem with the sg550 ?

ps: all configuration are done through web gui.

Thanks for help.

• Small Business Switches
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello sir,My name is Rozana

Hello sir,

My name is Rozana and i am an engineer from the SMB team.

I would need more information to understand the origin of the issue ( for example what are the other switches in both stacks)
I think it would be best to call our support line and create a support ticket for the SG550 switch.
Then we will gather all necessary information, ask you some detailed questions about the issue and properly troubleshoot this issue.

Regards.

Hi Rozana,

Hi Rozana,

thank you for your answer.

But the problem is solved, and finally there was no problem...

The ports change to active state with a little delay, it was just a matter of being patient...

Thx

Views
Helpful
Replies