Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPS208G Switch

Dear All,

I have a customer which want to buy SPS208G Switch. They ask me if this switch support IPTV. I read datasheet but I didn't see. Please help me.

1 REPLY

Re: SPS208G Switch

Hi,

Please see what you think of  the new low-cost switches we introduced codenamed "Nicola" that were recently introduced last month.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10898/prod_models_comparison.html

There are now 11 fanless models perfect for multicast IP  applications within the portfolio.  I did check out the Multicast IP functionality within the product, specifically thinking of their use for IP TV.  Seems to respond nicely to IGMP and  snooping for multicast applications.

They now came with a huge warranty. "All Cisco 300 Series switches are protected for the life of the product by the Cisco Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty with next business day advance replacement, where available"

Try it out, they are green, have advancved silicon which makes, say the old part  SRW208P  (with fan) seem quite old when compared to the new  Nicola switch  part number SRW208P-K9 (new silicon and fanless) .

These new switches  are a very very welcome refresh to the SRW series product.  If you have any confusion over the ordering part numbers, just reply to this post.  

regards Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content