Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2008MP VLAN OID

stmayer75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm currently searching for the OID of the ports from the SRW2008MP Switch to switch the VLAN over SNMP. We have done that with a Cisco catalyst switch. but the OID of the SRW2008MP is different. Can someone tell me whats the correct OID for setting for example Port 2 to Vlan 4 this I would realy appreciate.

What we are goint to do is convert HDMI signals to the Ethernet (multicast) and use a switch as a Matrix to change the destination of the video. So you can say to the switch route the picture of the DVD-Player to the bathroom tv or/and in the masterbedroom by simply changing the vlan of the switch. We are coming from the A/V market and are not so familiar with finding SNMP OIDS.

Thank you very much.

Steffen

2 Replies 2

ambleside
Level 1
Level 1

Steffan, please post up what you find...this is to make just add power stuff work with SRW? That would be great...

Hi

The "Just Add Power" devices works with this Switch, you can put the devices in seperat VLANs and you can change the VLAN only over the Webinterface. This is okay for a fixed installarion. But if you want to use the switch as a HDMI Matrix Switcher with JAP then this is not possible for a professional application.

The OID to see which VLAN is on which Port are:

1.3.6.1.2.1.17.7.1.4.5.1.1.x where x is the Port Number

and so on...

I needed 3 calls to the Cisco Small Business Support.

First guy said hmm im not realy sure.

Second guy said use Whireshark to catch the data between the webinterface and the Switch.

And the third guy Mr. Loidl was very competent, took realy care of my problem and figured out that it is not possible to switch the VLAN over SNMP.

Thank you very much for your personal effort in solving my issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Mayer