Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SRW2008P Help Please....

Hello All,

I'm new to the board and a little lost here.. My boss game me a project to work on that he could figure it out. He gave me a SRW2008p switch that has 8 port and 1 gig each port. He wants me to figure out how to configure the vlans on it but keep them seperated from each other but have internet access. he only wants one machine to have access to all vlans.  Below is the layout.

ISP - Verizon FIOS router.

Vlan1 - default

Vlan2 - Network

Vlan3 - Testing Lab

Vlan4 - Media

Vlan5 - Wifi 

After playing around with the switch. I can't figure out how to configure it. I found something close to what I'm looking for this website.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/lanwan-howto/30071-vlan-how-to-segmenting-a-small-lan?start=2

I followed almost every step but when I try to ping from my laptop out to the FIOS router we have or the switch it loses connection.

If anyone had a good site or tutorial on building a small vlan network that would be great. Sorry if I'm a little confuse but this is the first time I'm building a network on vlans, and stuff.

Thank you.

1 REPLY

Re: SRW2008P Help Please....

Hi Luis,

Your posting is dated April1st at 12:01,  Is this a April fools day joke  .

We announced End of Life of  the SRW2008P and replaced it  with SRW2008P-K9 around october 2010.

But if you connected the SRW2008 into the FIOS router, that  router should be should be VLAN aware for the following rerasons .

• The FIOS router must provide DHCP services for the different vlans.
  • The FIOS router will probably  be the default  gateway for each of the VLAN segments.

I guess the FIOS router cannot be reconfigured, so what vlan aware router are you using to connect to the SRW2008  ?

regards Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content