Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2024 console cable parts

eric
Level 1
Level 1

HI all

I setup SRW2024 a long time, but after I restart it ( plug out and plug in pwoer core),it can not access in Web page,I don't know what happen why.

But I try to use serial port cable to connect it, also can not access in HyperTerminal.

if cable is correct and setting is correct in HyperTerminal, How can I access Switch..

For SRW2024 console cable ,it is standard serial cable  ?

Thanks

Eric

5 Replies 5

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Eric,

For accessing the SRW2024 via the console port, you will want to use a serial cable. I have seen some users able to use USB to serial adaptors on computers that do not have a serial port.

You will want to use HyperTerminal or Putty when connecting. The settings are as follow:

38400 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control

You should be able to log in with the  same username and password you have used before.

Robert, Thanks for your reply.

I use serical cable to connect in PC, it have serical port.

serical cable is RS232 F to F, it can work on other Cisco device( serical cable connect to rollover cable).

So , I don't know why can not use this cable connect to SRW2024 in console.

I very worry about SRW2024 have a hardware problem, Because I ready setup Web interface for manage,now it can not access ,but Vlan function also work....

For console port, it can disable manully or not?

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric

My understanding is that there is not a way to disable the console port. If you are using a known good serial cable and not getting any response from the switch, then it is possible there is a problem. You can always give us a call at the SBSC. Below is our contact numbers:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Robert

Thank ~~~Now I fix the problem. Because Console port Data bit is 1152000....I don't know why is changed..

I sure not changed before......

any way...Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear! I hope everything continues to work smoothly for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X