Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2024 MAC based ACL

saharnassef1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have srw2024 switch and (3 access point , dsl line cable pluged in )

and few users accessing network and internet thro that switch , when i try to make ACL Mac-based to deny requests from certian MAC address and bind it with the dsl port, rule is applying on all users not only the one i made rule for

how could i set rules without effecting on the other users!!

i want disallow certain users only

thank you

3 Replies 3

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sahar, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I found some articles that could help you with your configuration, below you will find the steps to configure the access list and the admin guide.

MAC Based Access Control List (ACL) and Access Control Entry (ACE) Configuration on 300 Series Managed Switches

Defining ACL Binding

You will find the information to bind the ACL to the port interface in page 409.

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thank you for you time

but first link doesnt show the right interface i have on my device and when i applied the corrosponding setting i got the same errors

second link , it is switch manual dear !! sure i have it and i didnt help me at all

Hi Sahar, I am sorry for that, in this case I suggest you to reach out to our Small Business Support Center and open a Service Request to address this issue, one of our Engineers may be able to work with you and diagnose the root cause. You can find the appropriate contact information for SBSC in the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X