Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SRW2024 refuses admin web login

I have several SRW2024 switches and use the web admin interface to administer them. One of the switches recently started refusing any type of admin connection.

I reset the system using the "reset" pin-hole on the front panel. I can now bring up the admin login using the 192.168.1.254 address, but no matter what I enter it says that I have entered an invalid userid/password. I have tried the defaults from the user manual, the password that I set when I set it up originally, and just about every combination I can think of, but nothing works.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I can get in?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Hi Bobdy, I am confused. The

Hi Bobdy, I am confused. The SRW2024 does not have a reset pin hole. So the model you're referencing must be something different.

In any matter, if you may console to the switch then reload the device, tap ESCAPE key on your keyboard and this will bring you to a backdoor prompt where you can bypass the password. After it bypasses the password you may set a new user/password on the command interface.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
2 REPLIES
Green

Hi Bobdy, I am confused. The

Hi Bobdy, I am confused. The SRW2024 does not have a reset pin hole. So the model you're referencing must be something different.

In any matter, if you may console to the switch then reload the device, tap ESCAPE key on your keyboard and this will bring you to a backdoor prompt where you can bypass the password. After it bypasses the password you may set a new user/password on the command interface.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks for your response. It

Thanks for your response. It gave my brain the kick it needed.

You're right, the unit I was working with as not an SRW2024, but an SG200-26P, so the default admin username and password were different. That's all it took.

Views
Helpful
Replies