Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SRW2048 Constant blinking and slow speeds

I have a SRW2048 which has been giving me endless issues. I picked it up about a month ago and put it on the lab workstation. It was finiky, the previous owner had some funky settings. The web view would not work at all. I built a serial cable for it and plugged it in, sure enough a bunch of stuff had been changed.

So I went on and reset everything to factory and rebooted it. It's running 1.2.2d software dated 23 feb 2009, boot 1.0.0.04, and hardware 00.03.00.

The web port went back to 192.168.1.254 however I've been unable to connect to it at all other than over serial cable. I've downgraded browsers, installed different browsers, etc thinking my software was "too new" with no luck.

Also I have constant blinking on every port that's plugged in. I thought that some port might be inadvertently plugged into another port, but everything seems good, just nothing is working properly. Speeds are embarrasingly slow. I'm unable to perform link aggregation wtihout web view, as well, or create any vlans.

Prior to this I had an srw2024 and it worked wonderfully, but I remember years ago I had an srw224 that gave me all sorts of problems. I'm hoping htere's osmething I'm simply overlooking, but unfortunately I can't really to be too optimistic, searching the internet I've seen plenty that have the same problems as me.

Also when I log into the switch and go to ping another ip, any ip, it's 100% packet loss unless i'm pinging the server.

Tomorrow's my last day to return so if anyone could assist with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Views
Helpful
Replies