Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2048 Gigabit connection problems

CokeAddict
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a SRW2048 connected back to a Cisco 6509 core switch.  For some reason, I cannot establish a gigabit connection with our computers.  Both Lenovo laptops and Dell desktops are failing; they always end up falling back and negotiating at 100/full.  The port used to uplink back to the 6509 seems to connect at gig, and the port status on both the 2048 and the 6509 indicate that there is a gig connection between them.  But any of my computers connected to the 2048 cannot get a gig connection.  Can anyone help??

-Norm

2 Replies 2

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

For the computer links, are both the switch and computer set to auto negotiate speed / duplex?

HTH,

Andrew Lissitz

Both the switch and the computer are set to auto-negotiate.  When I try to set the computer to a force auto-negotiate 1000 Mbps, it still doesn't work.  It keeps trying to connect but never succeeds.  The port light will light up with amber (gig) for a couple seconds and then turn off again, and it keeps cycling that way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X