Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW224G4P Management ACL

jowan.cruz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

With SRW224G4P Switch, to be able to restrict management access to it to only LAN and 1 Public IP address range??

I have done the attached image. however it is still accesible via any other Public IP address..

any ideas?Accesslist1.JPG

4 Replies 4

chrcoope
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I will begin testing this.

Regards,

Christopher

Message was edited by: Christopher Cooper

chrcoope
Level 1
Level 1

I have run this test with private ip ranges and public ip ranges. It works in both instances. Reboot the switch and as soon as you see the system reset message, press and hold ctrl+u. Post your screen shot as I have done below.

srw224g4p_ctrl+u.JPG

What version of firmware does the device report it is running from the web interface?

Are there any other configuration changes that have been made other than the IP address of the switch?

Can you post the config file? If the config file cannot be read with a text editor, such as notepad++, I would like you to change the password of the device before you back up the configuration to "cisco".

Regards,

Christopher

Thanks for that.

I don't have access to one at this point of time, will do so once I have one with me.

So just to clarify, you restrict the management access to e.g. 127.x.x.x range, and you tried to access the switch using a 202.x.x.x and it failed right?

Are there any other configuration changes that have been made other than the IP address of the switch?

- Only admin password was changed and DHCP was enabled.

I did not test using those specific ranges. I used a public class A, and a private class C. I will retest with the specific ranges you have listed when I get a chance.

Regards,

Christopher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X