cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

srw248g4p - boot image needed (boot.bix)

digitronko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

I have 48 port Linksys switch srw248g4p. It stopped working after power failure. When i connect via hyperterminal i got this

#####################################################################

Image Loader 1.0.1

<ERR> Diagnostic Loading Fail - Try Runtime

Loading Runtime Image File : SRW224G4P_SRW248G4P_image.bix

Runtime 1.0.2

Please press <Enter> to start Menu session!

#######################################################################

It boots normally to runtime image and i can access main menu, but i still need diagnostic/boot image to work (i still can't access web view and all eth ports are down). Where can i find "SRW224G4P_SRW248G4P_boot.bix" ? Can someone send it to me?

Thank you !

8 Replies 8

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Emilije,

You can download the firmware from the software download center.

If the link doesn't work, just search for the model #.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. Please note that i already have this image and i need boot code/boot image/diagnostic image.

This firmware in your link is something different than boot code. Have in mind that in order to work properly SRW248G4P must have both images loaded. Since Linksys support migrated to Cisco there is no more boot code avalible for download (THANK YOU CISCO), that's why i'm posting this anyway.

Once again, i need file with this filename: SRW224G4P_SRW248G4P_boot.bix which is different image than

SRW224G4P_SRW248G4P_image_VERSION.bix.

best regards,

emilije

Hi Emilije,

Sorry,  I got excited when I saw the firmware in the download center...  Have you tried contacting Small Biz Support?

Best,

David

well, cisco support engineer told me that boot image does NOT exist, and only thing i need is firmware

available from download center. No comment.

If someone have the same switch and can download image via webview i would appreciate it ( admin - firmware upgrade - option backup - option image / option boot code + you will need some basic tftp)

in the meantime ill try to find same switch at some other customer and download it by myself.

thank you

How i can upload SRW224G4P_SRW248G4P_boot.bix to my switch by XMODEM ? As runtime ?

dpstechnical
Level 1
Level 1

Afternoon,

Appreciate this is a bit of a long shot - you posted 8 years ago for a issue on an SRW224G4P boot file, I wondered if you might still have the boot.bix and the image.bix for the SRW224G4P

I have one in the office, have managed to find an image file on socorp.netline.cl in Chile for v1310 but no boot file - bought on ebay no files.

I can now get on the cli - but similarly no web gui - can't ping.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks - stay safe

David - UK

@dpstechnical 

Hello,

The  SRW224G4P is deprecated model announced EoS since 2015 and software for this product is no longer available.

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X