Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

STP

Sir,

I have 30 nos Cisco SF300 Switch in my network. My network seperated by Core-Area-Distribution-Edge, & Every Vlan's Area is Root for the same.

Now  I configured Vlans & STP (Given highest priority-61440) the new SF300 switches & placed as per required. But having highest priority these Switch become root. I also seen one thing that, if I configure my uplink as acces port then its ready to DB....but when my uplink is in trunk mode again its become root.

I am configured normal VLAN

Try also MST, CST

Please Help......

1 REPLY

I do not have any experience

I do not have any experience with the SF300 series switch.  I found an admin guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf

In other switches, like the Catalyst 2960, the root bridge is elected base of the lowest priority or if the priorities are tied the lowest MAC address.  From the admin guide, the SF300 should behave the same way.  All the interfaces on the root bridge will be forwarding in the designated port state.

Can you post a diagram of your topology along with what switches you want to be root for the VLANs?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content