Views
Helpful
Replies

switch product choice, selection based on feature requirements

jan.dijk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear collegues,

i am looking for linksys switches for a while. and i normally work with cisco 3750 and 6500 type of series.

but now i want to realise these functionalities in a linksys/cisco smb type of switch

- stack a switch with two units

- lacp/lag a trunked portchannel with two ports with one port in each switch

and ofcource have the abiliti to turn off a switch if needed / recover form a power failure in one powergroup. (or ofcource a unit failure) without downtime.

assumption are then that a stack shares all resources like a cisco 3750 stack would.

when i read the cheat sheet the  SGE2000, SGE2010 are stackable, but can they do the same job as a 3750 would?

i read some strange things on the forums with creating lacp trunked ports if that allready is giving a struggle i have a hardtime assuming it would work also with a lacp in a stacked switch with one cable in each unit.

anybody have experiance with this?

what model would i need?

Thanks in advance

Soul

16 Replies 16

Christopher.

as expressed in the picture.. (ofcource two nics :))

thanks for the answer and the efford. (all who helped and replied btw) hopefully this case will help other too in the future.

with kind regards,

Soul

ps: i additionally attached the picture.. cant gurantee it will allways be there...

double post...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X