Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Trunk between SRW2048

Hi all,     I need to set a trunk between two SRW2048 connected over a fiber link, in order to let a vlan to be shared among them.  My configuration is:  switch A: - default untagged VLAN 1 - custom VLAN ID 10, named "wifi" - port 47=> fiber, set as "trunk", both Vlan 1 and 10 are joined with the trunk - port 11: I want it on VLAN 10, in order to see the port 11 on switch B    switch A: - default untagged VLAN 1 - custom VLAN ID 10, named "wifi" - port 48=> fiber, set as "trunk", both Vlan 1 and 10 are joined with the trunk - port 11: I want it on VLAN 10, in order to see the port 11 on switch A  I tried to set both port 11 in "general" mode, tagged, joined only to VLAN 10, but I couldn't link them over the fiber. I tried many configurations for both port 11, but they doesn't work. I think that fiber port 48 and 47 configurations are ok.  I hope you can help me  Thanks Alessandro    Note: - yesterday I updated both firmwares to 1.2.2d; after that I have a error saving setting of "VLAN to Ports" on both switches. I check all the settings; they seems ok, but that page (and only that) give this error:   Line No. = 1   Error Type = null   Value = Unknown value   Diagnostic = Might be missing parameters (join1)  in page.  - I turned on the "Enable 802.1x" flag on "Security"=>"802.1x Settings"  - I don't use GVRP; when I join the port to VLAN it give me some "web" error on IE version 6 and 8 and I'm not able to join ports to vlan. Moreover I can see the custom VLAN among switches only if I attach somethings to the ports 11 (I use a dhcp server on one port, and a dhcp client on the other one).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trunk between SRW2048

I just struggled with this today myself. This is what I had to do to get VLAN's on the trunk ports between SRW2048 and an SLM2024. Making the port numbers up but you get the idea.

SRW2048

Port 1-12 = VLAN 1

Port 13-15 = VLAN 3, untagged , mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 3

Port 40-43 = VLAN 2, untagged , mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 2

Port 47/48 = VLAN1,2,3 vlans to port = Trunk port should have vlan1,2,3 joined make sure it is tagged for 2,3 ( double check this, I am 100% i added them and when i checked again they were gone. I think making changes to other settings will remove them?)

SLM2024

1-10 = VLAN 1

14 = VLAN 3 , untagged,mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 3

16-18 = VLAN 2, untagged,mode=general, accept frame type = alll, pvid 2

Port 12 (Trunk Port) Add VLAN 1,2,3 with tagged 2,3

Setup like this I could access all three VLAN over the trunk.

3 REPLIES

Sorry, I repost it

Hi all,

I need to set a trunk between two SRW2048 connected over a fiber link, in order to let a vlan to be shared among them.

My configuration is:

switch A:

- default untagged VLAN 1

- custom VLAN ID 10, named "wifi"

- port 47=> fiber, set as "trunk", both Vlan 1 and 10 are joined with the trunk

- port 11: I want it on VLAN 10, in order to see the port 11 on switch B

switch A:

- default untagged VLAN 1

- custom VLAN ID 10, named "wifi"

- port 48=> fiber, set as "trunk", both Vlan 1 and 10 are joined with the trunk

- port 11: I want it on VLAN 10, in order to see the port 11 on switch A

I tried to set both port 11 in "general" mode, tagged, joined only to VLAN 10, but I couldn't link them over the fiber.

I tried many configurations for both port 11, but they didn't work. I think that fiber ports 48 and 47 configurations are ok.

I hope you can help me

Thanks

Alessandro

Note:

- yesterday I updated both firmwares to 1.2.2d; after that I have a error saving setting of "VLAN to Ports" on both switches. I check all the settings; they seems ok, but that page (and only that) give this error:

Line No. = 1

Error Type = null

Value = Unknown value

Diagnostic = Might be missing parameters (join1)  in page.

- I turned on the "Enable 802.1x" flag on "Security"=>"802.1x Settings"

- I don't use GVRP; when I join the port to VLAN it give me some "web" error on IE version 6 and 8 and I'm not able to join ports to vlan. Moreover I can see the custom VLAN among switches only if I attach somethings to the ports 11 (I use a dhcp server on one port, and a dhcp client on the other one).

I just struggled with this today myself. This is what I had to do to get VLAN's on the trunk ports between SRW2048 and an SLM2024. Making the port numbers up but you get the idea.

SRW2048

Port 1-12 = VLAN 1

Port 13-15 = VLAN 3, untagged , mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 3

Port 40-43 = VLAN 2, untagged , mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 2

Port 47/48 = VLAN1,2,3 vlans to port = Trunk port should have vlan1,2,3 joined make sure it is tagged for 2,3 ( double check this, I am 100% i added them and when i checked again they were gone. I think making changes to other settings will remove them?)

SLM2024

1-10 = VLAN 1

14 = VLAN 3 , untagged,mode=general, accept frame type = all, pvid 3

16-18 = VLAN 2, untagged,mode=general, accept frame type = alll, pvid 2

Port 12 (Trunk Port) Add VLAN 1,2,3 with tagged 2,3

Setup like this I could access all three VLAN over the trunk.

Thanks!

Now it works like a sharm!

Alessandro

Views
Helpful
Replies