cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to find boot code files for ESW switches.

bmbailey
Level 1
Level 1

Since ESW 500 Series firmware version 2.1.16 requires boot version 1.0.0.7 for 8-port ESW models and boot version 1.0.0.4 for 24-port and 48-port models, you may need to manually install or upgrade the boot code to ensure that the appropriate versions are used.

To download firmware and boot code files for ESW switches, go to www.cisco.com/go/esw500help, click the Resources tab, then click the Firmware link. A Cisco.com login is required.

Unable to find boot code at the listed URL.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Brian,

I followed the link you mentioned, selected firmware  and rummaged around and found the bootcode.

see my screenshot below.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

Thanks Dave.

And remember to use the Browser interface to the switch to install new bootcode. CCA does not do boot code.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Brian,

I followed the link you mentioned, selected firmware  and rummaged around and found the bootcode.

see my screenshot below.

regards Dave

Thanks Dave.

And remember to use the Browser interface to the switch to install new bootcode. CCA does not do boot code.

Very odd, there must be a permission setting that prevents me from seeing the boot code.

I see, it's under the older code. Thanks!

Hi Brian,

Good stuff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X