Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

VLAN config on cisco sg300

Hello,

I am using a couple cisco sg300 28P switches along with a sonciwall firewall/router. The sonicwall was already in place and working so they didnt want to replace it. I understand how to configure the vlan on the sonicwall, but could use some help on the cisco. I would basically like to create 3 vlans, 1 default for management, 2 for pc's on lan, and 3 for the cisco spa504g phones/'voip. Would i just go into the vlan managment, configure the 2 new vlans and give them two id's? These offices have one network drop, so the phones and pc's will be sharing the switch ports, however the phones have a setting to configure the vlan id so they know which one theyre on. Is there anything i need to do after that? I want to make sure that vlan 3 has the highest priority becuase its voice, is there some qos configurations i need to make on that switch as well? Also, the port that links the two cisco swtiches together, does that need to be set as "trunk" port? I understand what vlans are, but its just the first time ive run into these cisco models. Thanks in advance for any help...

Everyone's tags (6)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content