Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VLANing with SFE1000p

Hello Everyone.  Thank you all for the help with my last post.  I have another wonderful problem that I've been trying to figure out myself for the last few days that I could really use some help with.  It turns out, that I have no idea how to set up the SFE and RVS with two seperate VLANs.  I'm pretty sure I could do it with command line, but the Web GUI just doesn't work for me. :(  Anyway,  below is a diagram of what I'm trying to do.  VLAN 100 seems to be fine.  I can reach the internet and everything else on the LAN.  My problem is VLAN 150.  I want that to be completely seperate from VLAN 100.  The 2 phones and the laptop should see each other and the Internet, but not anything in VLAN 100.  Right now when I'm on ports 5 - 8 I cannot even see the Router @ 192.168.10.100.  I have tried a lot of different combinations.  I am hoping that someone can help me, or at least point me to some useful info as to what I'm doing wrong.

Many Thanks!

~Shawn

RVS4000

VLAN 100 - 192.168.0.5

DHCP Enabled

VLAN 150 - 192.168.10.100

DHCP Enabled

LAN - Access Point connects to port 1 ; SFE1000p G1 connects to port 2

Port 1 - default settings

Port 2 - default settings

Port 3 - Tagged with VLAN 150

SFE100p

Port 5 - 8 - excluded from VLAN 100 ; Tagged with VLAN 150 ; G1 & G2 - set as trunks

Drawing1.jpg

4 REPLIES

Re: VLANing with SFE1000p

i'll unicast to you.  check the private email address that you use and contact me.

Thank you Dave!  You have saved me a lot of frustration.   Everything is working fine now!

~Shawn

Can I possibly get the solution to this problem?  I have 3 SFE1000P I'm trying to get configured for 3 locations.  I'm not having any consistent success so I'm trying to simplify my configurations methods.

Thanks

Hi l.crowder,  I can try to help out if you still need it.  I will have to go home and see what was done.  I found the set up it to be counter-intuitive IMHO.  I'll look and get back to you.  (Apologies for the late reply)

~Shawn

Views
Helpful
Replies