Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP Deployment in SG220-50P

ifariasfdz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm planning a VoIP deployment and the idea is to hook up the PC in the phone PC port to use only one switch port for both peripherals, I will be using a switch SG220-50P with Avaya 9608G phones, and a cloud service for the Avaya IP Office, this remote office will have no more than 25 pc's/phones, and the big question is...

What would be the best practice for this setup? 

Meaning... Do I need to create 2 VLANs (Voice and Data)?,

Do I need to enable QoS for voice vlan?, 

Do I need to tagged the switch port if I create 2 vlans?

Is there any specific configuration that somebody recommends me to use in a switch level?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I probably wouldn't bother unless you have extremely low bandwidth WAN.  But, if you want to look at this: http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=c59f9a9b0d2b455c8d14e1ea6675ffa1_Configuring_Quality_of_Service_using_DSCP_Trust_mode_on_Cisc.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=3&dispid=0&cpage=search

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Here is what I would do:

macro auto disabled

voice vlan id 100

all ports you want phone and/or PC:

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 100

The Avaya phones should use LLDP and the switch will tell them to tag to VLAN 100.

Then you need to consider your router/firewall and make sure it connects to a trunk port to allow VLAN 100 to route to your provider  and maybe provide DHCP on VLAN 100 for the phones.

Thanks Brandon,

And how would you configure QOS?

I probably wouldn't bother unless you have extremely low bandwidth WAN.  But, if you want to look at this: http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=c59f9a9b0d2b455c8d14e1ea6675ffa1_Configuring_Quality_of_Service_using_DSCP_Trust_mode_on_Cisc.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=3&dispid=0&cpage=search

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X