Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference between SmartNet and SMBS service level

reycapoy
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon

I would like to ask if what is the difference between Cisco's SmartNet and Cisco's SMBS service level?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rey,

SMARtnet covers traditional Cisco products (enterprise products ie. ISR routers), Small Business Support Center covers the small business line.

In the UC group of products, for some reason, Cisco considers the UC520, AP521, and WLC526 which are branded small business to be traditional Cisco products and are covered under SMARTnet. But, the UC540 and UC560 are covered by SBSC. One major difference in the UC arena is the support for CLI vs CCA config.

However, I noticed your post was in the Small Business - switches category. If you have a small business switch  those are covered by SBSC not TAC. SBSC will support the CLI and web gui config of the small business switches, where CLI is applicable to the model.

SBSC contracts tend to be for 3 year periods and can be significantly less expensive than SMARTnet agreements.

Hope that helps.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts and identify correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rey,

SMARtnet covers traditional Cisco products (enterprise products ie. ISR routers), Small Business Support Center covers the small business line.

In the UC group of products, for some reason, Cisco considers the UC520, AP521, and WLC526 which are branded small business to be traditional Cisco products and are covered under SMARTnet. But, the UC540 and UC560 are covered by SBSC. One major difference in the UC arena is the support for CLI vs CCA config.

However, I noticed your post was in the Small Business - switches category. If you have a small business switch  those are covered by SBSC not TAC. SBSC will support the CLI and web gui config of the small business switches, where CLI is applicable to the model.

SBSC contracts tend to be for 3 year periods and can be significantly less expensive than SMARTnet agreements.

Hope that helps.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts and identify correct answers.

Hi David,

Thank you very much. That clears up my questions.

Best Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X