Views
Helpful
Replies

4 WAP121 in WDS mode

brsysadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm triying to configure four AP WAP121 in WDS mode but I am worried.

The firmware version is 1.0.4.4 ; each AP have a static IP address in an isolated network (VLAN 2).

Each AP transmits two wireless networks :

- Network 1:

- VLAN 10

- SSID: Company

- Network 2 :

- VLAN 20

- SSID: Guest

The AP master is connected to the wired network ; the other three are connected by WiFi.

The settings are :

Mode: 802.b / g / n

Channel Bandwidth: 20 Mhz

Channel: 1

On AP master, there are mac addresses (physical) of three other terminals.

On AP "slave", there are mac address (physical) of master AP.

In "Status and Statistics" > "Network Interfaces", WDS is UP and I can switch from one AP to another.

But the problem is that the master terminal crashing repeatedly: we lose the connection to the LAN and the Internet. As soon as I restart the AP, it works. minhvu4toyotires have the same problem in this post https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11630556/how-setup-4-wap321-1-ssid but no answer :(

I have few users at the moment (maximum 7) and no load on the wifi (10 Mb / s maximum).

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thank you in advance

9 Replies 9

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello, Thank you for reaching out to us here at the Cisco Small Business Community Forums.

I am sorry that your having this issue. I have a couple of questions if I may.

When you mention "crashing repeatedly" how often are you talking, Several time a day, week, etc? Once clients lose connection, I understand no one can connect to it wirelessly. But can a hard-wire client ping the WAP or get into the GUI? If you can, while it is in this failed state can you try to gather the Diagnostic file from it? You would go under, Administration, Support Information and click the download button.

Troubleshooting this we need to gather as much information as possible. It may be easier to call into the support center and open a ticket. Any small business support engineer that you get should be able to reach me if they need assistance.

Eric Moyers
Concentrix at Cisco.:|:.:|:.CISCO | Eric Moyers | Wireless Subject Matter Expert | Cisco Technical Support | 

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

The master AP bug about once or twice a day : I restarts every morning and sometimes in the afternoon.
Customers who were connected lose the LAN and they can not reconnect until the AP is restarted: DHCP frames do not go to the server. After reboot it's ok.

Here is the diagnosis:

Crash Log:
Uptime of the AP: 6 Days, 22 Hours, 48 Minutes and 27 Seconds
CPU Unable to handle kernel paging request for process = swapper and pid = 0
epc == c0517fe0, ra == c054c614

I found a similar post: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11804691/wap121-after-one-day-ap-unresponsive
I just make adjustments on the master AP hopefully that will solve the problems.

Hello,

On AP master, I made the following settings in "Wireless"> "Radio" :
Protection: off
Beacon Interval: 400
DTIM Period: 4
Fragmentation Threshold: 2346
RTS Threshold: 2347
Maximum Associated Clients: 200
Transmit Power: Full - 100%
Fixed Multicast Rate: Auto
Legacy Rate Sets:
   - Supported (check): 54 - 48-36 - 24-18 - 09/11/12 - 6 - 5.5
   - Basic (check) 11 - 5.5

AP crash à 11:30AM today.

Anyone know where I can download the firmware to version 1.0.0.3 please ?

Hello you can find that version here.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284152657&softwareid=283415686&release=1.0.0.3&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=rs

Eric Moyers
Concentrix at Cisco.:|:.:|:.CISCO | Eric Moyers | Wireless Subject Matter Expert | Cisco Technical Support | 

I called the Cisco support twice since yesterday. Technicians made me make adjustments and terminals always crash.

Is there a solution with WAP121 or I'm wasting my time?

Thank you for the response. Would you mind giving me your case number? I would like to review your case and see what has been happening and what they are having you do.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

My case number is 631826161.

I made the settings recommended by the support :
   - Firmware: 1.0.4.4
   - Rogue ap: disable
   - Channel Bandwidth: 20 MHz
   - Channel : 11

- Multicast Rate : 54 Mbps

- WPA & TKIP : enable

- WPA2 : disable

Thank you for that. I am going over your case and will contact you soon.

Eric Moyers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: