Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4410n Repeater behaviour

Hi All,

I have got 2 x 4410n and I have them setup as 1 x AP mode and 1 x Repeater (connected to a firewall just out of the box).

Can I confirm the following -

For the 4410n AP - I have to select Acces Point and then tick allow wireless signal to be repeated by repeater.

For the 4410n repeater - I have to set Wireless Client\Repeater and tick allow wireless station to associate - (insert mac and ssid)

This is what I have set at this moment the SSID and the WEP encryption are identical along with the channel.

How do I know which WAP I am connnected too?

I dont seem to be able to connect to the AP but I can connect to the repeater - why is that?

I can ping both the AP and repeater but can connect only to the GUI on the repeater.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (2)
6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 4410n Repeater behaviour

It it any particular reason why you have the second ap in client/repeater mode. Depending on how far apart the AP's . I would put the second ap in repeater mode. If you are going to be moving files with in that one AP between clients then i would run it in client/repeater.

You mean Wireless WDS repeater?

Anyway I no longer need the WAP in repeater mode as I can physcially connect it to a switch.

On another note the AP appears to be working fine in B/G/N mode all clients can connect but users using wireless N compatible NIC's only connect at approx 54Mbps

Any thoughts?

Silver

Try changing the wap4410n to only except N speeds and see if your clients are able to connect at that point.

This is just a test to see if the client will even negoitiate at N Speeds. 

Jason

I set the WAP  to N only and On the 3 x Dell machines they wouldnt connect but I connected sucessfully using a external USB Linksys N Wireless adapter WUSB300N it connected for a few mins and dropped off again -

I have now set this back to B/G/N as this is how I propose to roll this out (as there are alot of legacy clients)

Silver

If you have updated to the latest firmware on the wap4410n, and it's connected hard wired to a switch and all your clients have latest drivers for the nic's

then this would lead me to believe that you have a hardware issue with the wap4410n and it needs to be replaced. You can give SBSC a call at 1-866-606-1866 to process an rma.

Jason

Jason/horse,

Check out this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3078195#3078195

Bill

Views
Helpful
Replies