cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541N cluster with UC540 Radius Server???

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, so using the radius server in the UC540W works a treat if the wireless network is coming from the UC box.

But if the AP541 is serving the wireless network, I cant get radius to work.

I have removed all my networks from the UC box and have disable the wireless interface (tried it with the wireless enabled too).

Local radius is enables and setup on the UC box.

But still no one can join or authenticate!

Any ideas or tips? Known issues?

I have followed all the directions to a tee!

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Jeremy

Thanks for contacting the Cisco Community Support Forums.

When using a UC540W with a AP541N it is suggested to only use the AP and turn the wireless off on the UC540W.

To work with Windows clients, the authentication server must support Protected EAP (PEAP) and MSCHAP V2. How is the your Radius Server in the UC540W setup?

To ensure that the radio itself is working OK, can you or have you tried doing just WPA or WPA2 with regular encryption. See if you can connect, authenticate and roam the network.

Please keep us informed.

Eric Moyers
Concentrix at Cisco
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Subject Matter Expert | Cisco Technical Support |
emoyers@cisco.com
Together We Are The Human Network

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Jeremy

Thanks for contacting the Cisco Community Support Forums.

When using a UC540W with a AP541N it is suggested to only use the AP and turn the wireless off on the UC540W.

To work with Windows clients, the authentication server must support Protected EAP (PEAP) and MSCHAP V2. How is the your Radius Server in the UC540W setup?

To ensure that the radio itself is working OK, can you or have you tried doing just WPA or WPA2 with regular encryption. See if you can connect, authenticate and roam the network.

Please keep us informed.

Eric Moyers
Concentrix at Cisco
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Subject Matter Expert | Cisco Technical Support |
emoyers@cisco.com

Hi Eric, ok so i don't know who has marked this 'correct answer' when its not the correct answer...

So a few things to note. All access points work just fine via WPA2 Personal, WEP, etc...both the UC540 and the AP541N's.

If i run a WPA2 Enterprise network from the UC540W wireless access point, the UC540 Radius server works beautiful and any client (iPhone, PC, Mac, WM6) all connect with LEAP authentication just fine!

This is all looking great.....BUT!

when i turn off the wireless in the UC540 and create the same network on the AP541N with WPA2 Enterprise and point the Radius server settings to the UC540 IP address, no wireless client will authenticate. Its like the AP541Ns can't see the UC540s radius server...

All hardware is running the latest versions of firmware available on cisco.com

The two AP541Ns are clustered. I have tried both unclustered and clustered and it makes no difference.

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack

Jeremy, I am really sorry that your having this issue This appears to be an interaction issue between the UC540W and the AP541N. I personally can assist with the UC540W but if you would be so kind as to call into our support center 1-866-606-1866, we have some engineers that can assist with both units.

I am not sure how that got marked, I assumed that you had done it. I know that we do not have the ability to mark our own post and I am pretty sure that Cisco employees can not mark other post as well. I will contact someone to check into that.

Eric Moyers
Concentrix at Cisco.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Subject Matter Expert | Cisco Technical Support | 
emoyers@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: