I tried to get higher speeds than 54MBits, displayed in Windows, which works without any problems for example on the D-Link DAP-2553, 130MBits are shown doubleclicking the WiFi-Adapter after successful connection on my client.
My client is an Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E-Series with an Intel 4965AGN WiFi-Adapter, running Windows 7.
After upgrading towards AP541N-K9-1.9(2) the problem still persists, i can´t get higher speeds than 54MBit.
What seems quite interesting to me:
On my MBP, manufactured early spring this year, i used it to configure and test this AP for the customer, everything works fine, i get full-blown 802.11n.
I can switch/change between a/n, b/g/n, use a whole bunch of different settings on the AP541N, the problem persists. I´m not able to obtain higher speeds on my Fujitsu Notebook, while the MBP still gets a functional n-connection with bandwidths far above 100MBit..
Are there known incompatibilities regarding the n-functionality in this environment? Is the Intel WiFi-Chipset the problem?
I have 2 AP541 units clustered, both with the latest firmware.
Firmware was the first thing I did on the latest one I purchased since I had DHCP problems with the first one.
(although I still have DHCP problems, even after making the registry change on the DHCP server)
I have all Lenovo laptops, all of which have an Intel wireless card, except one.
Some laptops are g only, but most are n, with cards like the Intel 5100 AGN or 6000 series.
Since the APs are clustered I can get a nice overview of all connected sessions and only one computer is connecting at over 54mbps. (216mbps at this time)
That one happens to be an X200 Thinkpad with a Realtek wireless card and is right next to the laptop Im writing this on, which is connecting at 5 to 54Mbps. (Thinkpad T400 - Intel 5100 AGN)
And even though Im connecting at up to 54Mbps, it feels more like 1 because everything is incredibly slow, local and internet.
The previous old Linksys WRT54G I had worked much better!
Ive tried several different settings on the AP, like setting to 40MHz bandwidth, disabling Broadcast/Multicast rate limiting, auto channel selection, manual channel selection, scanning for interfering networks, disabling WMM and ensuring I had the latest WiFi drivers on the clients.
I just dont know what else to do.
Its kind of embarassing to implement a new AP only to have it work worse than the previous ancient model.
If I take this laptop home and connect to my D-Link draft N router it connects at around 150Mbps.
I am in no way expecting a 300Mbps connection, but it should at least be over 100, else whats the point?
Anyone else having these issues using Intel cards?
As we did several tests, it became clear thet obviosly Windows-boxes aren´t able to use greater speeds than 54MBit with WEP (YES, i´m aware of WEPs completely insufficient security features, but the customer needs it for compatibility reasons!) applied. Changed this to WEP, voila, worked with higher speeds than 54MBit.
I forgot to post it here directly after we solved the issue.
Get to Know the WAP581 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Access Point with 2.5GbE LAN
The WAP581 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Access Point with 2.5GbE Local Area Network (LAN) delivers secure and reliable wireless connectivity. It ...
Product Specifications of the WAP581 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Access Point with 2.5GbE LAN
The WAP581 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Access Point with 2.5GbE LAN delivers secure and reliable wireless connectivity. It allows you t...
Configure the Single Point Setup on the WAP581
A Wireless Access Point (WAP) connects to a router and serves as a node to the Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN). Clustering is when multiple WAPs are joined on the same netwo...