cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Brand new Cisco WAP4410N - Came with wrong firmware

charlymenn
Level 1
Level 1

We recentlybought a couple of these WAP4410N access point, I read the manual and accessthe web main console, which result a little confusing(really, really basicsetup for a Small Business device), I couldn't edit  any wireless securitystuff, so I start wondering what kind of product they sell me(CDW), I proceedto check the firmware version, 1.45.7(this version do not appears in the firmware history of WAP4410N), and I notice that was loaded since Jul 31 2003!!!!!!!, Then, I tried to update it, and no good, gives me anerror of “Incorrect file, the file name should be .bin”, further investigations show that the devices with this particular version of the firmware are these products: Linksys BEFSR41/BEFSR11/BEFSRU31

So a cannot do too much, please help me with this, if I need to return this, by warranty, please tell me the procedure to this, or if I can fix this by my self.

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

markosoftinc
Level 1
Level 1

My advice is to RMA them back to where you got them. Even if you get teh updated firmware on teh device it will sti

ll stop working after awhile and you'll have to reboot it over adn over and over again

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

markosoftinc
Level 1
Level 1

My advice is to RMA them back to where you got them. Even if you get teh updated firmware on teh device it will sti

ll stop working after awhile and you'll have to reboot it over adn over and over again

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Fernando,

We announced today the availability of WAP4410N Firmware v 2.0.2.1

Please visit the Cisco Software Center to download:   http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/pub/Redirect.x?mdfid=282414137.

Release   Notes available here:   http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap4410n/release/notes/WAP4410N_Release_Notes_v2.0.2.1.pdf

Regards,

Cindy

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Support

Community Manager

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: